This course provides a clear understanding of the most popular online search strategies, including Boolean Logic. It’ll help you to decide which is the best search strategy to fit your needs, and gives lots of practical examples for carrying out a search using the most common approaches and tools.
This course will help you to:
- Recognize the benefits of an online search strategy
- Understand the most popular types of searches, and the benefits/limitations of each (including Boolean)
- Apply search strategies in response to specific assignments/ research questions
- Search online repositories including Google Scholar
- Recognize when search results are relevant and useful
- Keep effective records of search results